This is a simple salad that can be prepared quickly. It is excellent as an accompaniment of a Sunday lunch, or on its own. You can use the left overs for lunch boxes. It can be kept in the fridge for one day.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 250 gr of couscous prepared according to the instructions of the producer
- 200 gr sweet cherry tomatoes chopped in half
- half a cucumber chopped in small cubes ( seeds removed)
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- half a red onion chopped into small pieces
- 1 small carrot chopped in small cubes
- 2 green onions
- extra virgin Greek olive oil
- a rich of cinnamon
- Prepare your couscous according to the producer’s instructions or if you are lucky enough to have access to homemade couscous just prepare it as you regularly do.
- Add a bit of olive oil to your couscous.
- In a large bowl place all the vegetables and herbs and mix gently.
- Add a bit of salt to the mixture.
- Place the couscous in this mixture once it is cold with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Your salad is ready.
This salad is great when served with falafel, yogurt and tomato sauce and cabbage salad.
Prosecco wine goes very well with this dish.