Rice is quite popular for breakfast all over South East Asia. I admit that I enjoy it thoroughly. I have always been the kind of person that eats a lot for breakfast. A typical breakfast in my world includes a savoury dish, some kind of sweet snack and tea.
A few years ago my sister has talked to me about the benefits of alkaline nutriments. Red cabbage, carrots, broccoli, garlic, almonds, green tea and bananas are great sources of alkaline elements. This brunch includes all of them.
If you wish to start your day with this alkaline brunch composed by vegan brown rice with alkaline toppings, green tea and frozen banana smoothie follow the instructions bellow.
Ingredients for the brown rice for 1 person:
- 100 gr cooked brown rice (leftover rice is the most appropriate for this recipe)
- 1/2 diced carrot
- 2-3 red cabbage leaves chopped in large pieces
- a few baby broccoli stems chopped in large pieces
- a clove of garlic finely chopped
- a small onion chopped in medium slices
- a chilli finely chopped
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- cooking oil
- In a large bowl place the cabbage leaves and the broccoli stems. Add a bit of cooking oil and salt and mix well.
- Turn on the stove on maximum and place a large empty pan, preferably a wok on it. When the wok is very hot, place the vegetables and mix them for 1-2 minutes, until they are stir fried and glossy. Take the vegetables out of the fire. Continue the same process with the diced carrot and take it out of the fire too.
- Turn the heat to medium and add a tbs on cooking oil in the pan. Add the onion. When the onion is almost caramelised add the garlic and the chilli.
- Once the garlic and the chilli are tossed add the rice and the soy sauce. Add the stir fried vegetables and mix well.
Instructions for the frozen banana smoothie:
- mix a frozen banana with a bit of almond milk.
Your brunch is ready, enjoy 🙂