A great snack for Christmas, that is actually healthy, are prune chocolate bites. It is one of my favourite snacks because it is low in sugar, there is no fat and is instantly satisfying. It is also very easy to prepare.
- 100 gr couverture chocolate 50% cocoa
- 100 gr couverture chocolate 70% cocoa
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 250 gr dried prunes
- Break the chocolate in small pieces.
- Put the pieces into a large heat proof glass bowl.
- Put some water into a small pan and turn on the heat.
- Make sure that the water stays warm but does not boil.The water temperature should be around 80 C.
- It is important that no steam escapes from the pan, it will destroy the consistency of the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has melted, start dropping the prunes one by one in the chocolate mixture and then place them on kitchen paper.
- Let the chocolates get cold.
- They are ready. You can keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days. Take them out of the fridge 5 minutes before serving.