This is my mother’s recipe for an apple cake. The consistency is close to a ginger bread.
Ingredients for 12 portions :
- 4 apples
- 220 ml sunflower oil
- 320 gr brown sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 ts ginger powder
- 4 eggs
- 500 gr all purpose flour
- 2 ts of baking powder
- zest from an orange
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C .
- Mix the oil, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, eggs and the orange zest in a large bowl.
- Add the flower little by little. You will obtain a firm mixture.
- Peel the apples and chop them in small square pieces.
- Gently incorporate into the cake mixture.
- Put in a 28 cm of diameter baking pan that you have previously buttered.
- Bake for around 40-50 minutes.
It is ready. It is an excellent treat for tea time.
I hope you enjoy it 🙂