Pumpkin is the traditional ingredient for Halloween. I enjoy pumping as ravioli filling.
This is the recipe I use:
For the dough
- 150 gr of 00 flower
- 50 of durum wheat fine semolina
- 2 free range eggs
Mix all the ingredient until you obtain a hard dough. You can use a food processor or your hands and mix until all the flower is combined.
For the filling
- 150 gr of pumpkin
- 30 gr of parmesan cheese
- 1 small chilli chopped
- 1 thinly chopped spring onion
- grated nutmeg
- Roast the pumpkin for around 30 minutes until it is soft. Let it cool.
- Puree the pumpkin in a food processor.
- Add the chopped spring onion, the small chilli and the parmesan cheese.
Once your pasta dough and your filling are ready you can start preparing your ravioli.
- Open the pasta dough in a thin sheet as shown here below:
- place a small teaspoon of filling.
- cut the pasta dough in small squares.
- fold the pasta dough in triangles.
- boil the ravioli for 3-5 minutes with some salt.
You can serve this dish with yellow tomato sauce and chives
You can also serve these ravioli with melted butter, grated nutmeg and parmesan cheese.