Autumn is here and the first colds and flues have arrived. Thais have many exquisite soups based on herbs. They are an excellent cure for all kinds of colds.
This is a simple recipe for tom yam kung, a herbal soup with shrimp.
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- half a carrot sliced in thin stripes
- 10 tiger shrimp cleaned and peeled
- 200 gr of mixed asian mild tasting mushrooms (enoki, cat ear mushroom etc)
- 5 little bouquets of brocoli
- 6-8 tbs fish sauce
- the juice of 2-4 limes
- 5 cm of galangal (you can replace it with ginger)
- 10 kaffir leaves
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 chillies
- 1 and a half liter of water
- Crush the lemongrass in order to release the aroma.
- Put water into a pan and turn on the heat.
- Create a mousseline tea bag in which you will put the kaffir leaves, the lemongrass the garlic, and the galangal. Put the mousseline tea bag into the pan.
- Add the carrot stripes.
- Once the carrot has softened add the rest of the vegetables and the chillies.
- After 3-5 minutes add the fish sauce little by little. Adjust according to your taste.
- Turn off the heat add the shrimp and the lime juice. Discard the mousseline tea bag with the herbs and the chillies.
- It is ready.