Baking is an interesting procedure. While raw material is transformed under the heat of the oven, human relations can transform into meaningful friendships.
My dear friend Sheen has opened her enchanting house to me. We baked macarons. We burnt a bunch and saved another.
And understood that oneself should know her oven 🙂
Countryside style macarons are easy and require only 30 minutes in the kitchen.
The ingredients for those elegant countryside style macarons are:
- 150 gr ground almonds
- 100 gr sugar
- 2-3 eggs whites (depending on the size of the eggs)
- Mix the ground almonds with the sugar.
- If you wish your macarons to be dense add the egg whites to this mixture and combine gently. Alternatively if you prefer airy macarons, bit your egg whites into a soft merengue and fold gently.
- Use a plastic storage bag, from which you have cut a small corner, to squeeze little round biscuits.
- Bake for 14 minutes at 180 degrees. Keep an eye on your oven!
It is done 🙂 Macarons are a quite healthy dessert, sealing all the benefits of almonds in a tiny delightful bite.